What Is a Bucket Elevator Used For?
One of the most common types of conveyors you’ll find at industrial facilities is the bucket elevator. This style of conveyor is a workhorse for a variety of industries and can reliably and efficiently move large quantities of bulk material. They are used effectively in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Mining and minerals
- Paper and pulp
- Power and utility
Bucket elevators are popular because they can vertically convey flowable bulk material—from light to heavy and fine to coarse—with ease. Many bucket elevators rely on centrifugal force to move the material to the discharge chute and operate at a relatively high speed, as is common in grain elevators.
Bucket Elevators From Materials Handling Equipment
Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) has been manufacturing custom bucket elevators for a wide array of industries since 1927. We differ from many of our competitors in that every conveyor we deliver has been custom manufactured to fit the exact needs of the customer and to fit perfectly in the space it will occupy. We are proud to have pioneered several classes of bucket elevators, including severe duty. Our severe-duty conveyors utilize custom-engineered drive components and special wear-resistant alloys, which allows them to provide decades of reliable performance in the most extreme conditions, including severe abrasion and corrosion, and high temperatures. Our other bucket elevators include:
- Industrial duty – Including standard-grade and food-grade
- Mill duty – Specifically manufactured for common materials
- Heavy duty – Used for heavy construction applications, including hot lime conveyance
- Cement duty – Pioneered by MHE; includes special maintenance features
- High speed – Custom engineered for the largest capacities
Additionally, our bucket elevators can be constructed to a variety of specifications, including capacities of up to 1,500 TPH, heights of up to 200 feet, and inclines of up to 60 degrees. They can also function in temperatures up to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
Benefits of MHE Bucket Elevators
There are a variety of benefits that companies will enjoy when they choose MHE to manufacture their bucket elevator. Unlike the many “cookie-cutter” conveyors on the market, our bucket elevators:
- Provide four-sided boot access to allow for easy maintenance
- Deliver a longer service life because of their heavy-duty construction
- Can be designed to your preferences and customized to improve efficiency
- Feature custom-engineered drive components that result in improved operation
In addition to bucket elevators, we also offer custom screw conveyors, apron conveyors, drag conveyors, belt conveyors, pan conveyors, and live bottom dischargers. If you are interested in learning more about our custom conveyors, contact MHE today to schedule a consultation. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and help you determine which type of conveyor will best meet your company’s needs.